Pre-service Academy is required of ALL Limited Occupational Specialist (LOS) certificate holders, whether or not you:
- Are employed as an instructor at the secondary or postsecondary level; or
- Intend to be a member of the InSpIRE Cohort Fall 2021.
You need to be a part of the 2021 Pre-service Academy if:
- You want to participate in the InSpIRE Cohort opportunity beginning Fall 2021; and/or
- You are currently a participant in InSpIRE Cohort and beginning your second year in this Cohort; and/or
- You have not yet participated in a previous Summer Academy, and you hold a LOS certificate
You do not need to be a part of the 2021 Pre-service Academy if:
- You have already participated in Pre-service or Summer Academy training in a previous year and are finishing the balance of requirements through a university program
When you apply for renewal of your LOS certificate—a move to at least the Standard Occupational Specialist certificate—you will need to demonstrate your participation in the Pre-service or Summer Academy by including a copy of your certificate of completion.