Technical Skill Assessments (TSA) and Workplace Readiness Assessment (WRA)
All CTE concentrators are required to take the state-approved technical skills assessment. All seniors enrolled in at least their second CTE course are required to take the Workplace Readiness Assessment.
- CTE concentrator: a junior or senior enrolled in a capstone course
- Capstone course: culminating course in a series of courses
TSA Pre-Test Information (updated 9/15/17)
Here is a list of TSAs for each capstone course with their associated ISEE number and pathway description:
- Approved Postsecondary Technical Skills Assessments 2016-17
- Approved Secondary Technical Skills Assessments 2017-18
It’s important to not enroll students in capstone courses unless they have completed the prerequisites. Ensuring that students complete prerequisite courses contributes to their success in achieving knowledge and skills in their program area.
Career Technical Education Consortium of States (CTECS) will create and host most of our pathway TSAs as well as the Workplace Readiness Assessment (WRA). You can find information about the testing process, costs, and time requirements here.
Results 2016-17 School Year By Program Area:
Agriculture and Natural Resources
Business and Marketing
Family Consumer Sciences
Engineering Technical Education
- Pilot Commercial Photography
- Desktop Support
- Drafting and Design
- Graphic Design
- Pilot Media Technology Broadcasting
- Network Support
- Programming and Software Development
- Pilot Web Design
Skilled Technical Sciences