Skilled & Technical Sciences
What are the Skilled & Technical Sciences?
Classes in skilled & technical sciences focus on manufacturing, corrections and security, A/V technology, transportation, and construction.
- Manufacturing: planning, managing, and performing the processing of materials into intermediate or final products and related professional and technical support activities such as production planning and control, maintenance and manufacturing/process engineering.
- Corrections and security: Planning, managing, and providing public safety, protective services and homeland security, including professional and technical support services.
- A/V technology: set up and operation of audio video equipment.
- Transportation: Planning, management, and movement of people, materials, and goods by road, pipeline, air, rail and water and related professional and technical support services such as transportation infrastructure planning and management, logistics services, mobile equipment and facility maintenance.
- Construction: designing, planning, managing, building and maintaining the built environment.
Need More Information?Matthew Rehl
Program Quality Manager, Skills & Technical Sciences, 208.429.5523