Welcome Back Health Professions Teachers!
Welcome Back Idaho Health Science Teachers!!! Hope you’ve had a great summer! Just wanted to give you an update on a few things you need to be aware of….
- Just as a reminder….as of July 1st, we are now Idaho Career & Technical Education with a new website to go along with this at http://cte.idaho.gov/! Along with this my e-mail has changed: Joanne.Clovis@cte.idaho.gov. I will be starting a blog within the next couple of weeks! In the meantime, please check the website out. Here is the link for Health Science https://cte.idaho.gov/educators/high-school-educators/health-professions/. I think you’ll find the site more user friendly! More to come…..
- Our administration feels that Career & Technical Student Organizations are so beneficial to our CTE programs that we have hired 4 full-time CTSO managers and 2 full-time office specialists to support them for the 7 student organizations. Holly Connley will be HOSA’s new CTSO Coordinator. She is also responsible for BPA (Business Professionals of America). Over the next year, Holly and the other CTSO managers will be learning and transitioning into their new roles. If you have any questions about HOSA, please contact please contact Holly at 208-429-5526 or myself. Holly’s e-mail is: Holly.Connley@cte.idaho.gov.
- Andrew Armstrong is the Office Specialist that has been assigned to HOSA. He can be available as well to answer questions if Holly or I are not in. His direct line is 208-429-5529. His e-mail is: Andrew.Armstrong@cte.idaho.gov.
- See the attachment for the 2016 Idaho ILC top ten winners. Congratulations everyone!!! Thank you Advisors!
- HOSA Fall Leadership Conference (FLC) will once again be combined with SkillsUSA and TSA. We have had to cancel our northern FLC that was to be held in Coeur d’Alene October 17th due to low registration. However, we are still planning a southern FLC in Twin Falls October 20th. Please see the attached flyer for more information. Registration is now open. Just as a reminder this is ONLY for your officers and advisors and not for chapter members. You must affiliate your chapter prior to registering for Fall Leadership. To register go to: http://apps.hosa.org/hosaconf/login.jsp%3bjsessionid=4FD2FA0FEF9686EB1DE73ED45BFE3722.webapp1. Enter your charter number and password. If you don’t know this information, or have any questions on this process, please contact Holly Connley. Another reminder is that HOSA’s Idaho State Leadership Conference will be in Boise, April 5-7, 2017. International Leadership Conference will be held in Orlando, June 21-24, 2017. Please join us to celebrate HOSA’s 40th in existence!
- The main theme for HOSA this year is: “Leadership-Service-Engagement“
- Don’t forget to register for the National Consortium of Health Science Education Biannual Conference in Louisville Marriott Downtown, Louisville, Kentucky! Preconference will be held on 10-11-16. The actual conference is 10-12-16 through 10-14-16. To register please go to: http://www.healthscienceconsortium.org/conferencesevents/. Added cost funding can be used to attend this conference.
Be sure to contact me if you have any questions!
Joanne Clovis, M.Ed., RN, BSN
Program Quality Manager Health Sciences/IOT Program Manager and HOSA State Advisor