The Summer Academy, formerly known as Preservice or Boot Camp, is required of ALL Limited Occupational Specialist (LOS) certificate holders, whether or not you:
- Are employed as an instructor at the secondary or postsecondary level; or
- Intend to be a member of the InSpIRE Cohort Fall 2018.
You need to be a part of the 2018 Summer Academy if:
- You want to participate in the InSpIRE Cohort opportunity beginning Fall 2018; and/or
- You are currently a participant in InSpIRE Cohort I and beginning your second year in this Cohort; and/or
- You have not yet participated in a previous Summer Academy, and you hold a LOS certificate
You do not need to be a part of the 2018 Summer Academy if:
- You have already participated in Preservice or Summer Academy training in a previous year and are finishing the balance of requirements through a university program
When you apply for renewal of your LOS certificate—a move to at least the Standard Occupational Specialist certificate—you will need to demonstrate your participation in the Preservice or Summer Academy by including a copy of your certificate of completion.
Year One Summer Academy
Within the first eighteen (18) months of being awarded Idaho’s Limited Occupational Specialist (LOS) Certificate, the LOS teacher must attend and successfully complete this Year One Summer Academy. It is highly recommended that the LOS teacher complete this Academy prior to his/her first year in teaching; this ensures that the participant will have some tools for teaching before stepping into the classroom, and that s/e will be ready to engage in required fall training that allows the district/college to maintain funding for the program.
For new LOS certificate holders, there are two opportunities to participate in the 2018 Year One Summer Academy; both are being held in Boise
Year Two Summer Academy (for all InSpIRE Cohort I participants)
There is only one opportunity to participate in the 2018 Year Two Summer Academy; it is being held in Boise.