The Summer Academy, formerly known as Preservice or Boot Camp, is required of ALL Limited Occupational Specialist (LOS) certificate holders, whether or not you:
- are employed as an instructor at the secondary or postsecondary level; or
- intend to be a member of the InSpIRE Cohort Fall 2018.
You need to be a part of the 2018 Summer Academy if:
- You want to participate in the InSpIRE Cohort opportunity beginning fall 2018; and/or
- You have not yet participated in a previous preservice training, and you hold a LOS certificate; and/or
You do not need to be a part of the 2018 Summer Academy if:
- You have already participated in PreService or Summer Academy training in a previous year and are finishing the balance of requirements through a university program or the InSpIRE Cohort.
When you apply for renewal of your LOS certificate—a move to at least the Standard Occupational Specialist certificate—you will need to demonstrate your participation in the PreService or Summer Academy by including a copy of your certificate of completion.
There are two opportunities to participate in the 2018 Summer Academy; both are being held in Boise
- The first Summer Academy training opportunity is tentatively scheduled to be held July 30 – August 3, 2018. The training will run from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. You must register no later than July 20. There is no ($-0-) registration fee.
- The second Summer Academy training opportunity is tentatively scheduled to be held September 4-7, 2018. The training will run from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. You must register no later than August 30. There is no ($-0-) registration fee.
The Training and Accommodation Venue for the repeat session of Summer Academy will be announced closer to the event. Overnight accommodations will also be shared closer to the event.
Lunch is on your own daily. We will work out details when we are together in September.
Travel and Accommodation Expenses. As a reminder, ICTE will not reimburse your travel expenses. If you are employed, work with your supervisor to see if she/he can assist in defraying travel expenses including travel, accommodations, and meals.
This is an exciting time for us and for you as you embark on a new career adventure! We’re looking forward to engaging you in a meaningful, endless-possibilities kind of training in September.