The Summer Academy, formerly known as Preservice or Boot Camp, is required of ALL Limited Occupational Specialist (LOS) certificate holders, whether or not you:
- Are employed as an instructor at the secondary or postsecondary level; or
- Intend to be a member of the InSpIRE Cohort Fall 2019.
You need to be a part of the 2019 Summer Academy if:
- You want to participate in the InSpIRE Cohort opportunity beginning Fall 2019; and/or
- You are currently a participant in InSpIRE Cohort and beginning your second year in this Cohort; and/or
- You have not yet participated in a previous Summer Academy, and you hold a LOS certificate
You do not need to be a part of the 2019 Summer Academy if:
- You have already participated in Preservice or Summer Academy training in a previous year and are finishing the balance of requirements through a university program
When you apply for renewal of your LOS certificate—a move to at least the Standard Occupational Specialist certificate—you will need to demonstrate your participation in the Preservice or Summer Academy by including a copy of your certificate of completion.