New Teacher Induction
All newly certified CTE teachers—degree-based and industry-based, secondary and postsecondary—are required per Idaho Code 08.02.02.015.09 to “complete a new-teacher induction workshop at the state or district level.” If your school district or institution of higher education can document that you’ve taken a New Teacher Induction workshop that also give you information focused on CTE programs and processes, you WILL NOT need to attend the New Teacher Induction training that will be offered this month by the state. All that I will need from you is a completed Professional Development Activities form signed by you and your administrator, and a copy of your agenda(s). There are six opportunities to attend throughout Idaho.
The October session of the InSpIRE to Educate, Educate to InSpIRE cohort training will bring all new teachers together for training. Whether you’re part of the cohort or not, for the October session you will be able to connect and network with other new CTE teachers in your region and address specific CTE issues over the day.
University of Idaho professional development credit will also be available should you choose to purchase it.
Dates and locations of the 2017 New Teacher Induction Workshops are:
- Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Region I – Coeur d’ Alene: North Idaho College, Meyer Health and Sciences Building, Room 143 – 1000 W. Garden Avenue, Coeur d’ Alene, ID 83814
- Region 3a – Boise: Capital High School, Room 202 – 8055 W Goddard Road, Boise, ID 83704
- Region 5/6 – Idaho Falls: College of Eastern Idaho, Creek Bldg., Room 517 – 1600 S 25th E, Idaho Falls, ID 83404
- Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Region 2 – Lewiston: Lewis-Clark State College, Sam Glenn Complex, Room 229 – 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501
- Region 3b – Meridian: West Ada District Training Center, Lochsa Room – 1303 E Central Drive, Meridian 83642
- Region 4 – Jerome: Jerome High School, Library – 104 S Tiger Drive, Jerome, ID 83338
What’s on the Agenda? CTE Specific Topics, including:
- Classroom/Lab Safety
- Secondary & Postsecondary Reporting
- Standards Alignment – Horizontal & Vertical
- …and more!
For those planning to attend the New Teacher Induction workshop this coming Saturday, October 14, register no later than thursday, October 12, 12 noon. For those planning to attend this workshop on Saturday, October 28, please register for the New Teacher Induction workshop no later than Friday, October 20, 12 noon.